CHOCOLATE LOAF CAKE
- 1 cup (200 g) of softened coconut oil or butter
- 1 and ⅔ cup (350 g) of sugar India’s Brown/Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100-110 g (4 oz) melted dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 and ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a loaf tine with a liner/grease with butter and dust with flour/line with parchment paper.
- Add the eggs and continue to mix. Do not be tempted to beat too much air into the batter, as you want this cake to be dense and devilish, not light and fluffy.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, and cocoa and slowly blend in the melted chocolate. Make sure that it has cooled slightly so that it does not destroy the delicate nature of the butter mixture.
- Add the cocoa, baking soda and salt and continue to blend and alternate between the hot coffee and flour in three batches until your result is a thin batter that resembles the consistency of melted ice cream.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with damp crumbs (it will not come out completely clean due to the dense nature of this cake).