DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup white Sugar India’s Sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder 2 teaspoons
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 3/4th flour
- Chopped white chocolate – 1 ounce.
- 3/4th cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and Sugar India’s Sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in cocoa and baking powder. Beat for 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in flour by hand. Mix in white chocolate and chocolate chips. Cover dough, and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Divide dough into two parts, and roll each part into a 9 inch long log. Place logs on lightly greased cookie sheet, about 4 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool for one hour.
- Cut each loaf into 1/2 inch wide diagonal slices. Place slices on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C) for 9 minutes. Turn cookies over, and bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.