QUICK CHERRY CRISP
- 3-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries
- 1 cup crumbled shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or almonds, toasted
- Ice cream (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a large saucepan, sprinkle cornstarch mixture over cherries; stir to combine. Cook and stir over medium heat about 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, thoroughly combine crumbled cookies, butter, and nuts
- Divide cherry mixture among four dessert dishes. Sprinkle cookie mixture over cherry mixture. If desired, serve with ice cream.